From Schedule to Self- Direction
Have you completed transition/college year and have no idea what path to follow in your career?
If the answer is yes, then this is the course for you.
The following course will question, innovate your curiosity, introduce conceptual thinking, and create a lot of awareness, in an effort to encourage you to move from the schedules of school/college to a self-directed and innovative approach to choosing your ultimate career.
This two day work shop will give you a structured and clear direction for when you finish second or third level education.
This course is conducted on a workshop basis to facilitate maximum participation by the candidates. Group and individual exercises are used to help to promote individual growth and understanding.
This course is a two day workshop (10 – 5pm). Full course notes are provided to each candidate.
Aim of The Ultimate Career Choice Course
The aim of the Ultimate Career Choice course is to offer direction in deciding what course or career is their best fit.
- To openly share and discuss your different fears, resistance and concerns about leaving the controlled environment and entering the big bad world.
- To explore the different symptoms of Stress, Physical, Mental, and Emotional.
- To learn how to recognise and manage stress in your life.
- To accept responsibility and to develop self-discipline.
Overview of The Training Program
- Managing your time
- Aligning your interests with your competencies and transferrable skills
- Structured goal setting around your career direction
- Focused C.V. preparation
- Enhanced Interview Skills
- Dealing with Stress
- Personalised Career Coaching
Methods of Training
- Informal discussions
- Facilitated hands-on exercises
- Group action learning exercises
- Experiential learning and training
- Power Point and Flip Chart presentations by course presenter
- Printed notes in manual format prepared by course presenter
- Shared professional experience of course presenter
- Role Play for Interview preparation
- Clear, sustainable and structured goals for the future including your potential career.
- Clarity around self-management and utilising and valuing your time
- Be aware of what makes you happy, what motivates and inspires you to take the action that you need to achieve your career goals.